Saturday, September 13, 2008

Deals for the Week

Since I am really making the effort to commit to my couponing/frugal living hobby (obsession), I am going to post my best deals for the week. I am not as good as some of the people who are able to purchase over a hundred dollars in items and pay either very little or nothing out of pocket yet, but I hope to get there someday!

Target: Luvs Family Pack Diapers- On sale for $15. I used two $1 off coupons, plus received a $5 gift card for buying two boxes. Not the best deal ever, but the cost of diapers is through the roof these days, and this is the cheapest I could get without buying generic.
My real stroke of luck came when I found an entire shelf of Febreze Noticeables on clearance. Normally 7.49, they were priced 6.45, plus I had two $5 off coupons, I also used my giftcard and spent nothing on them. I only regret not having a third coupon, then I could have bought another without spending anything!

Cashwise: Green Giant Steamers 4 for $6 plus four $1 coupons= .50 ea.
Prego Pasta Sauce: 3 for 3 coupon= $1 ea.
Progresso Soups: 8 for $10 plus four .50 off of 2= $1 ea.
Select General Mills Cereals: 2 for $4 plus $1 coup. off 3= 3/$5
Kleenix Tissue: 3 200 count boxes for $3
Creamette Macaroni: 2 lb box for .98
Since my total came to over $25, I also was able to get a free 8 oz. bag of
shredded cheddar cheese.
In the end I spent $49 for $63 worth of groceries.
Walgreens: Glade Fabric Deoderizer: on sale for 2.99, I had 2.50 coupons
Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash 4.49, got 4.50 in Register Rewards
My Wags trip cost me only .48!!!

No comments: