Saturday, September 20, 2008

Learning from My Mistakes...

I am fairly new at this couponing/searching out deals stuff. Previously, I purchased whatever products I wanted whether it was on sale at the time or not. I almost never bothered to clip coupons, and when I did, I ended up getting a bunch of stuff I didn't really need because, well, I had coupon for it!

I haven't been totally savvy about all of this yet, although I have snagged a few good deals. Here are a few of the things I wish I had done differently.

*Clipped more coupons. I did OK, but there were a few items I wish I had been able to buy, yet I didn't clip more than one coupon for them.
*Waiting to submit my rebate info for Walgreens Easy Saver Catalog. I was in too big of a hurry with this, and missed out on some money-making deals. In particualr, the Glade Candles, they were offering a $1 rebate per candle, allowing up to four. If I had waited for these to go on sale, I would have come out ahead .01 per candle.
*Being too trusting of Walgreens cashiers. They caused one of my rebates, which amounted to 7.99 to be messed up so I couldn't get it. Never take their word on anying about the receipts, especially if it's "no, they will still process your rebate just fine if I scan this item in as "service merchandise." It was supposed to be shampoo!

No comments: