Saturday, July 30, 2011

Brand Loyaly

I still coupon quite a bit, trying to get the things my family needs either for very cheap or even for free. I have learned that you cannot be brand loyal to save the most money. However, there are a few select items that I will only buy a particular brand, even if it means paying more for them. I still try to stock up if that item is on sale, but won't go with something else even if it is cheaper.

Brands I am loyal to:

Huggies Wipes
I have tried other brands, including generics, none are as thick or as high quality. For generics, I have use more wipes to clean each mess, so I actually come out ahead just buying the Huggies wipes in the first place.

Finish Quantum Dishwasher Tabs
These get the dishes cleaner and shinier than any other detergent or tabs I've tried. They are pricey, but I use coupons and watch the sales to stock up. I will never use anything else in the dishwasher again, even if I have to pay full price. The Quantum tabs have never left behind any food residue or spots, so they are worth it!


Jon Frieda Frizz-Ease Conditioner
I recently bought this only because I had coupons plus there was a great gift card deal for it at Target. Turns out it is great for my hair! I have very thick, coarse, curly hair, and this product does a lot to tame the "frizz halo" that I seem to constantly have.

Stuff I don't care what brand it is:

Paper Products
I use washable towels in the kitchen about 75% of the time. For really gross stuff I will use paper towels, but I use less than one roll a month. So it doesn't really matter what kind, as long as they are cheaper than the rest. Bathroom tissue doesn't matter either, as long as it is two-ply.

Laundry Detergent
If I can get a great deal, it is formulated for HE washers, and I like the scent, it's fine.

Disposable Razors
If I pay less than $1.00 a pack using coupons and sales, those are what I buy.

Body Wash/Soap
If I can get it free or under $1, and it smells OK, it's fine.

No comments: